Tuesday 16 May 2023

Room With A View


What did you do over the weekend, I hear you ask? The maid and I went on a 2 day coach tour, taking in the delights of Bury Market, Oswaldtwistle Mills, with an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn, Bolton, before heading out to Southport the following morning. Feeling adventurous, we gave Bolton's town centre a visit *shudders* and again at the Poundbakery shop I saw there *shudders*! I had seen enough and quickly we made our way back to the sanctuary of the hotel and watched The Eurovision Song Contest with the sound turned off.

Make your own 'council house' terrarium using an old glass jar and soil from the garden, makes an ideal gift for a loved one or for a certain maid with a forthcoming birthday.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you! That's Christmas sorted.
    I fell asleep during the Eurovision Song Contest, so I watched some of it without either sound or vision.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think they would sell on Etsy?

    Easily done. I woke up in the early hours to the sound of geese returning from the south, only it wasn't geese but a couple in the next room having a session!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, you go places !
    And thank you for bringing poundbakery cuisine to my attention - I'd get lost there ! (With the notable exception of the ham sandwich, it looks just vile - but who'd resist a "breakfast roll" ? Must be msg at its finest.)

    I did not follow the video for longer than 20 seconds, I am anyway confident that nature wins over anything. But gifting a jar of dirt surely is a new level.

    I proudly declare that I never have watched said "Song Contest", and as things are, I'll continue in doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Processed muck for the scratters. In Blackpool, a coastal town in the north west, that has to be seen to be believed, boasts a fine dining PoundCafe, you can choose 5 items, plus toast and it includes tea/coffee all for £3!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably shouldn't have read this before breakfast! But it's good to know that you are still jetting about to bring us travel tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The glam, vagabond-ish life you lead. And I'm not sure how I would behave if someone presented me with a jar of dirt masquerading as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a keen Slum tourist, when I was younger I used to go on Tripadvisor and look for the worst hotel/B&B to stay in. I could tell you some stories.

    I visit nice places too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't bring myself to click the Poundbakery link, so do they have snacks suitable for viewing late night unmentionables from one's Holiday Inn window?

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I was starving I could toy with a processed cheese sandwich and some potato wedges. I've had worse things in my mouth! It's your civic duty Mr D to click the link if only to view all Poundbakery locations there could be one near you!

    ReplyDelete