Wednesday 26 January 2022

Pain In The Neck

 Gail in deep distress.

Have you ever fallen asleep in an awkward position and woke up with a crick in your neck? I was telling my mother this morning about my infirmity, she told me to rub some Vicks Vapour rub on the affected area, Vicks! Who does she think I am, Viv Nicolson. I used Bells vapour rub (B&M Bargains 89p). Just because I've moved up a housing band doesn't mean I can loosen the purse strings. In less than 2 hours after applying the unguent the pain had gone from a severe 7 on the pain limitation chart to a mild 3. It worked!

9 comments:

  1. I rub Vicks on my knees. Seems to help. I think it might be down to the rubbing.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who would have thought that humble pot of Vick could have so many uses, it's good for bruises too, thought I wouldn't recommend it for dryness, you know, down there.

      Delete
    2. Thinking about it, I might just smear a bit on my florin.

      Delete
    3. No, I do not recommend doing that at all, I'll stick with the Deep Heat in future.

      Delete
    4. Are you spending a lot of time on your knees, Miss Scarlet?

      Delete
  2. Healthpoint Arnica Cream, £1 in Savers (or if you're posh, Arnicare cream, £2.99). Works every time, even on that annoying nighttime - ow! ow! fuck! get-out-of-bed-do-that stamping-dance-around-the-bedroom - "creeping toe" cramp... Jx

    PS hasn't Gail been "in deep distress" for about five decades now?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Longer than that. Even as a school girl extra in The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie she looked distressed.

      Delete
  3. In America, in the 50s, Vicks was used for any sort of childhood ailment, slathered liberally on your chest, the most miserable treatment available. I think the point was to teach kids to never admit they were sick and thus free up mother from "nursing" when all she wanted to nurse was a drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you never had chilblains. When I was a baby my mother used to put a measure of brandy in my titty bottle to ensure I slept through the night.

      If I had a house full of kids I'd turn to drink too, like Miss Hannigan.

      Delete