Friday 16 September 2022

I'll Save em For My Holidays

Photograph taken on the articulated bus that takes you from the aeroplane to the airport and vice versa.

As children we were never allowed to wear new clothes at Christmas, it was one of my mother's little idiosyncrasies, she didn't want the neighbours to think it was the only time we ever got new clothes, so we had to wait til Feb 1st to open our 80s casuals. Now I'm an adult I too have developed some of my mother's foibles I observe other people's footwear at airports to see if they are wearing new shoes for their holiday and the majority of them are.

I had to help my maid of all work Carmen out of the bath last night, she has a frozen shoulder, it wasn't a pretty sight.

11 comments:

  1. I always head to Primark for "something new for the holiday" - £3 daps, £5 pack of pants, that sort of thing. Classy, moi? Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always full to the rafters in there. That's where my maid buys her clothes from, she likes to frequent the one at the Miramar in Fuengirola and it puts my mind at ease knowing that I'm not going to bump into anyone I know. There is another shop in Spain called 'Inside' everytime we pass one she says "shall we have a look inside Inside" every fucking time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do know Primark is Irish and they have been mocking the Queen"s death, so they can go and fuck themselves with the rough end of a pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Anonymous, I can't sign in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holiday shoes are often hideous in the cold light of day. I still have a pair that I bought for Corfu in 2002 - they're my 'putting the bin out' shoes and are in the carport covered with spider web (because I can't be bothered to ever put them on - and can manage in socks or bare feet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you buy them from Hollister ? It's always dark in there.

      Delete
  6. The only thing I buy new for holidays is a pack of knickers from M&S - a tradition passed on to me from my mum.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete