Thursday 23 September 2021

Blackpool

I've just returned from Blackpool, it wasn't planned, I had another spontaneous moment, it happened whilst I was in the garden, I was just chucking a few things in the blue bin when I heard seagulls screeching overhead, I was reminded of sunny days at the seaside I went back indoors, told the maid to go online and book a decent hotel in Blackpool, I emphasized the word 'decent' in a slow manner as if addressing a small child with learning difficulties, I still shudder in horror at the time she booked Trades Hotel *shudders* at the memory (No, I don't want to talk about it, the emotional scars have yet to heal) 

We left within the hour.

I'm having problems arranging photographs, so in no particular order:
 
Cuban heels in Pavers, ideal for dancing at the tower ballroom.

Best Weston Blackpool. Isn't it ridiculous having a bath in the bedroom, especially one in a twin room, luckily there was a proper bathroom with a shower behind that door. I like to do private things while I'm taking a bath, like shave my nether regions, smear my wet lips (facial) with shampoo and blow bubbles and use a douche bulb, I can't very well do all that with Carmen in the same room watching, it would be streamed live to the nation via social media in no time, a few years ago I wouldn't have minded.
 
Tower for an hour? 

It was nice to see the girls again. View outside the hotel window, despite the greyness the weather was quite pleasant.

There's room to roam at Scarlets!
Pay by the hour? *purses lips*



11 comments:

  1. That's what I love most about you. You simply exude "class". Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone has to sail the ship of savoir-faire.

      Delete
  2. Scarlets Hotel! This feels like an invitation to visit Blackpool - I don't think I've ever been.
    No, can't say I'd like a bath in my bedroom - it'd make everything damp.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and red exterior speaks volumes!

    You can walk the length and breadth of Blackpool and you won't find a single tree. I had to laugh at a piece in the Blackpool Gazette, it showed pictures of an artist's impression of some future developments going on in the area and the people depicted in them where almost Parisian chic! Where was the fat lass with a shaved head and tattoos riding a mobility scooter and eating a Gregg's pasty out of it's bag or the bride to be wearing L-plates, squatting down in a shop door way to relieve herself after drinking a bottle of prosecco from it's neck, the pissheads rolling their own sat on a bench in a shopping area asking passers-by for "spare change please" and the big issue sellers? They live in a world of their own, I want to live in an artist impression picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really understood the bath-in-a-bedroom malarkey. I guess it'd be okay if it was near a window so one could gaze out at a beautiful vista (perhaps not in Blackpool, though) while covered in bubbles and sipping Champagne (but definitely not Asti), but being stuck in a corner with the only view being one's partner/relly/maid-of-all-work sitting on the bed pulling their socks off defies all logic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My room was the first bay window on the right. Outside directly opposite is a busy tram and bus stop, on the ledge between by room and the neighbours is an ornamental light display that attracts the attention of passers-by. When I was drying myself off after having a shower, there was an urgent knock on the bathroom door, it was my maid of all work Carmen, desperately wanting to use the toilet, I told her to go use the bath, then I thought better of it, knowing her she'll be wanting to do litter and I'll only have myself to blame. With my hair wrapped up in a towel and another towel wrapped lady-like across my chest I went to the window and got a wolf whistle, I looked out and saw a mob standing at the tram stop, I did what any normal person would have done, I turned my back on them, opened the towel and lowered it to the small of my back, turning my head to the left then to the right, then turning to face them with towel closed, then I straddled the table and ended up doing a full on burlesque show until the tram arrived.

      Delete
    2. "I'm not a cheap stripper. I'm the highest-paid in the business."
      "You won't be ready for vaudeville when it comes back."
      "No, I'll be dead!"


      Jx

      Delete
    3. Her and Sticky Vicky of Benidorm.

      Delete
    4. She only retired in 2016, aged 72... I imagine stuff was starting to drop out by then. Jx

      Delete
  5. The Mistress cannot take a bath in a hotel based on the fact that other peoples' nekkid nether regions have occupied that same space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always carry Dettol surface wipes for peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete