Tuesday 17 August 2021

Rose de Mort

It's been just over a month since I took six rose cuttings from my sister's memorial rose bush, situated in the garden of remembrance at the cemetery, two of them rotted within days and had to be removed. Shall we see if the remaining four have taken? Fingers crossed!



Strike it lucky, two and a half out of four is not bad, one had lost it's leaves, that'll get binned and another is callousing which is a good sign.



CORRECTIONS & CLARIFICATIONS in my last post titled Flog-em I made a wild claim saying that two members of the public sat waiting for a 'self' valuation were myself and my maid of all work Carmen and in one of the comments I made to Jon I implied I had carnal pleasure with one of Flog It's portly valuers. It's all untrue, I don't know who the ghastly trollops are and I would never buy clothes from a charity shop.

6 comments:

  1. I would never have mistaken you for "Cissy and Ada", dear. I'm sure you're far more glamorous than that. Nor would you deign to exchange bodily fluids with what, quite frankly, looks like a barrage balloon with a Spitting Image caricature of Richard Griffiths for a head.

    As for the rose cuttings, fingers crossed! I had success with late autumn hardwood cuttings, but I've not tried to take them in summer still in leaf. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could easily mistake my maid of all work Carmen for Ada.

      I agree, late autumn is the best time to take hardwood cuttings, you can use thicker woodier stems, whereas summer rooters on this years growth can look a bit spindly for a few years. I have a Fragrant Cloud on the kitchen window ledge (not a euphemism) I chopped off the flower when it faded and left the stem in the water and I think it's starting to callous. Fingers crossed, yet again!


      Delete
  2. May your bush grow and thrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my bush has gone into shock, it's very highly strung.

      Delete
  3. Pah - no matter what you say Mitzi : I will recognise your red bommel everywhere !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm suspicious of how defensive you are being - I think Jon is onto something.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete