Thursday 10 October 2019

One Night In Bradfordistan

Overnight stay at the Premier Inn, Leeds/Bradford airport. We have stayed here once before, there isn't a lift at this hotel but that didn't matter, because my shameless maid of all work Carmen, without my knowledge booked a disabled twin room, there are situated on the ground floor so she didn't have to traipse up and down the stairs with the luggage. A bit of hard work never hurt anybody, I often tell the lazy cow but she is not convinced. The first thing I noticed when I walked into the room was how low the beds were, like futons and how everything was at waist level, I had to stoop to wash my hands, stoop to make a cup of tea, the window didn't open,  God knows why the toilet had to be so high though, my feet barely touched the floor and I'm 5' 10" a proper sit up and beg. It was the best night's sleep I have had in ages. Little did I know in Barcelona I was about to find out what it's really like to have a disability... 

S&M torture chamber


11 comments:

  1. I have used one of those super high toilets and I'm only 4ft 11" - I felt like a 4 year old with my legs dangling a foot from the floor.
    Kind of dreading finding out what happened in Barcelona, but also looking forward to your next post.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have liked to have seen a picture of that.

      Delete
  2. This sounds ominous. Both the fact you had to have a stopover in Bradford, and the hint that something happened in Barcelona... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why accessibility paraphernalia always looks so industrial and scary? That "bathroom" looks like the inside of an antiseptic Borg cube!

    I too have a feeling of dread related to whatever happened in Barcelona...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I soldier on inexplicable, I soldier on.

      Delete
  4. I always feel dirty after showering in a hotel bathroom. Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all do to some extent, when I'm showering in a hotel bathroom I'm standing where the previous occupier once stood and I'm thinking verrucas. Do you ever watch Four In A Bed? Im like one of the contestants on there looking for pubes and toenail clippings. No, it's not just you.

      I used the shower seat with confidence, I had my foot up on the bar doing between my toes when I had a thought, just who's sweaty gash and hairy bollocks has been sitting on here before me? I got off it as quick as you like and gave my neither regions a thoroughly good going over with soap and a pumice stone.

      Delete
    2. YouTube won't allow me to view "Four in a Bed" but I understand the fear of other people's pubes and toenail clippings.

      Now I'm having nightmares about sweaty gashes and hairy bollocks.

      *stocks up on pumice stones*

      Delete
  5. I am writing this from a handicap room in a nice hotel in Houston. There was a problem with the first room they gave me, so they presented this one as if it were some kind of consolation prize. Everything about it is odd and sort of chilly, like settling down in a hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ours was chilly too I think because the window didn't open the aircon was on continuously probably pumping out ether to ensure you had a goodnights sleep, which I did. Orange pull cord strings were everywhere I was tempted to pull on one.

      Delete