Thursday 17 October 2019

Carry-on Cruising


The Celebrity Reflection docked in Gibraltar

Forgive my tardiness for leaving you all in suspenders about my debilitating medical condition. I've only got myself to blame I should have broken them in first or better still got my maid of all work Carmen to break them in for me. Two days traipsing around Barcelona and Sitges crammed into a new pair of slip-on shoes a size too small, was just asking for trouble. I've had blisters before but never this angry, the swelling made it look like I had the foot of a morbidly obese person. It was too painful to wear the other footwear I had. I sent the maid off to a shoe shop with 30 euros to buy a pair of flip-flops, I told her to buy black leather ones only, she came back with white rubber ones... the contrary mare. So that is how I boarded the Celebrity Reflection in a pair of white rubber flip-flops.



8 comments:

  1. Crocs are supposed to be very comfy, so I hear.
    I live in Vans [not vans], they are bliss to walk in, so long as you wear the correct size.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a pair of Vans olive green they were, I gave them to charity, she still wears them. I'll save the croc wearing for when all hope is lost and I've past caring.

      Delete
  2. I was about to ask whether Carmen knows you at all, but then I read the "contrary mare" bit - so, she did it on purpose! I hope you got change from the 30!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. God - I remember jelly shoes! How very Children's TV - I expect Toni Arthur had a pair. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni Arthur that's a name you don't hear everyday, here's another Atarah Ben-Tovim, remember her? Played the flute a lot wore an afghan jacket, looked quite oxfammy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so familiar with her, but if we're onto kids TV presenters from the Jurassic age, one I do remember - and wanted to be as stylish as she was even though I was only about seven years old - is Ayshea Brough. Oh, that hair! Those boots! Lift Off! Jx

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of her. Looked at her filmography on IMDb, she hasn't done much has she? the lazy cow!

    ReplyDelete