Wednesday 17 April 2019

Holiday Books


                                  Arrived just in time.

Look what passed through my bristled slot this morning. Recommended by Jon on Mr Peenee's blog the Brenda and Effie mysteries

I can't wait to read them.

Bought second hand from Amazon (I couldn't buy them new anywhere) all in pristine condition except for one, The Bride That Time Forgot has been well fingered, not surprising really, it had been a library book. The maid's in the kitchen as I type, disinfecting it's cover and going through each page with a duster just in case anything nasty is lurking inside it. I've seen some horrific things been used as bookmarks from public libraries. *shudders*  Thank goodness for Kindle.

8 comments:

  1. Good god, no telling where those things have been! Good call having Carmen go through them. One can never be too careful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a challenge trying to remember not to lick my finger when turning the pages over. I'll have to buy a rubber thumb the sort bank tellers use when counting money.

      Delete
  2. Oh, sweetie! You will love them... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked what I read in bed last night, right up my street. Thanks for the recommendation.

      Delete
  3. I am SO jealous. I looked for them too and the only ones I could find in the US were $35 for used ones. I need to go to the public library (shudders delicately) and track them down there so I can steal them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't pay $35 for used paperbacks either, bloody rob dogs. The public library I used to frequent doubled as a cruising area, I've been dry humped many a times beside the Catherine Cooksons.

      Delete
  4. Could I have the page with all the library stamps on please?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can, I'll pop it inside a birthday card so it doesn't get creased. Send mailing address.

      Delete