Monday 17 June 2019

Back Soon

I took the car out for a little spin the other day, on my way home a small deer came bustling out of someone's front garden and leapt straight onto the road and onto my bonnet damaging both the bonnet and the front parking sensor. It did go with a thud, followed by this awful wailing sound, the shock of it all made me forget I was driving an automatic and I used both my feet to stop the car, I nearly went through the windscreen, the screeching of the tyres brought everyone to their windows, a man came out tapped on my window and asked if I was 'alright mate' then he disappeared inside and came back out with 2 black bin bags and together we disposed of the deer, the man carried the deer on his shoulder he turned to me and said quite cheerly 'waste not, want not' then slapped the beast's rump. This happened in Beeford, twinned with Royston Vasey.






Sod this bastard weather, I'm off on holiday. I'll leave you with this raucaus little number. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Mitzi! That is so scary. So glad that you are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, deer [geddit? OK, too soon].

    I love that track - wonder how many girls got out of the TOTP studio that night unfingered?

    Have a lovely holiday! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Road kill dinner!
    I always liked that track, I remember when it came out, but I was oblivious to the bin liner styling.
    Bring us back a stick of something, and some sunshine!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having escaped from a really low class background, I happen to know you can't eat deer that's met death by car. The carcass is all bruised and nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for "Beeford" sent me around the Humber, over the Bridge, back to Yorkshire and finally to Richard the third. A very interesting Little excursion.

    I fear them deers when I drive through the Woods in the early Mornings, thankfuylly I could avoid it Always, simply because of the high driving Position that allowed me to spot them early. Good you are not hurt. Travel well, return safe & soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if that man was in the employ Hilary Briss?

    Happy holidays! I hope you don't get a seat next to Judy Levinson on the plane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beeford probably has more deer than people (population just over 1,000.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete