Wednesday 23 January 2019

Mystic Mel

On my way home from visiting friends in Hull I decided to pop into Tesco's for a few things, it's not my usual haunt for grocery shopping but when needs must Tesco provides. Whilst perusing the entertainment aisle I heard a coarse female voice shriek 'Hoo Mel, can I have a selfie with yer? I'm a fan of yours, I follow you on facebook' My curiosity was piqued, someone famous called Mel is shopping in Tesco, who could it be, I turned around the corner in the direction of the shrill voice and came face to face with local celebrity Melissa Ede, she does things with mayonnaise bottles on YouTube, she's been on various television programmes including The Jeremy Vyle show, Judge Rinder and most recently Tattoo Fixers but she is most famous for winning £4 million on a scratch card. After I packed my groceries I had an urge to buy a scratch card, I suppose word got around that Melissa was is in the building and everyone in the supermarket had gone into a scratch card frenzy there wasn't a £10 scratch card left, I bought a £5 one and won £1000! 





Do you fancy winning some money on a scratch card? All you have to do is look into Mel's eyes, her eyes, not around her eyes but her eyes for a just few seconds, now go and buy yourself a scratch card, I looked at her in Tesco's and won £1000! I can't help thinking if I had gawped at her for a bit longer I might have won millions.


12 comments:

  1. WOW! Congrats!

    Will you and Carmen be taking a fancy vacation somewhere now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes in April and all my vacaciones are fancy. Carmen cashed in the scratch card for me at the post office while I waited for her in the car, she came back 10 mins later with a cheque for £500 and £500 in cash, when she handed over the cash I quickly peeled off the rubber band and counted out £100 I looked at Carmen her pupils had dilated to the size of saucers, then I counted out another £100 and looked at her again, her eyes were out on stalks, her bottom lip trembling with expectation, I counted out another £100 looked again she was breathing rapidly, after I counted out all the money I told her to hold out her hand, as she did so she let out a small whimper as I dropped into her shaking hand the rubber band.

      Delete
  2. 1,000 big ones? Well, congratulations. I'm certain it was Mel's aura guiding you to that particular scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody hell!! Congratulations!!! What are you going to spend it on?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gone into my facelift fund I'm hoping I can put it off for another year.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you be on the cover of Take A Break?

    I'm now obsessed by this magazine, thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried That's Life and Chat Magazine they're of the same ilk.

      Delete
  6. Bloody brilliant! That is good scratching. I am going to have a go and to be fair, there are worse peepers to stare into. She has the look of a minxy money witch.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivy! It's good to hear from you again.

      I used the vignette tool just to take the edge of it. In the above link you see Melissa shopping in a charity shop for bargains.

      Delete