Thursday 23 August 2018

Titli's Spelt Bread




Shave off your eyebrows and draw them on above the supraorbital ridge for a fresh and youthful look.

I bought a bag of spelt flour yesterday, which is all very well but what does one make with it? A sheer caprice purchase like the bag of  fufu flour I found lurking unopened in the back of the cupboard 6 years out of date. I typed 'spelt flour recipes' in the search box and a link to the above YouTube video grabbed my attention and introduced me to the wonderful world of Titli.



Mitzi's top tip: During the school holidays do your weekly shop at Waitrose, the high prices there keeps the riff-raff out. No more Callie-Mae and Mackenzie worries for me.


I used wholemeal spelt flour, with nowt taken out.


Thanks to Tit's tuition I have mastered the four strand plait.


11 comments:

  1. That looks wonderful! Especially all of that braiding! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as neat as Titty's. I should have practiced on some plasticine first. *cackles* at the thought of Carmen seeing me playing with plasticine like a simpleton.

      Delete
  2. Bloody hell! Your braiding is miles better than my first attempt!Mine looked more like a collapsed Rugby scrum!Well done, Mitz n Tits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, is this some bread-like thing, or your new up-do for the end of summer. It would look just kicky with fall's scarves as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope all is well MrP. If you want me I'll be in the garden proving my hair.

      Delete
  4. Eyebrows???? EYEBROWS???!!! Oh how I used to enjoy braiding them.
    Meanwhile, my bread always turns out brick-like, so I am impressed by your efforts.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll see your eyebrows again when the menopause kicks in. If you want light and airy bread you'll have to talk to it in a falsetto/Mrs Doubtfire voice.

      Delete
  5. The plait is very impressive! I don't know if it's my colourblind eyes, but the uncooked version looks like a load of sausagemeat.


    I was in Waitrose the other day and couldn't help but hear some strident harpy calling "Rupert!" Rupert!". I expected to see Little Lord Fauntleroy emerge from the pudding aisle, but instead, it was a rather dishevelled husband

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does indeed looks like sausagemeat even more so with egg wash on it and chilli flakes. If 'Rupert' had been in Asda I think the harpy would have gone for 'Oi Knobhead! get yer fucking arse ere now!' Harridans. I was down the magazine aisle in Waitrose flicking through Cummerbund and Gilet weekly when I heard a mother say to her young daughter 'No Persephone, you may not have a Jacqueline Wilson magazine!' I thought how strange, to name your child after the Greek goddess of death, mind you, the child's mother did look a bit odd, she didn't have any tattoos. Did you get a free coffee?

      Delete
  6. I am sorry & can't help, but your knitted bread in picture one reminds me of some prehistoric idol.

    ReplyDelete