Monday 27 March 2017

Tenerife

Been to Tenerife for a well earned break. It's been a tonic to get away from it all and to feel some warm winter sun on my flanges once again. The flight took a staggering 5 and a half  hours, thanks to air traffic control strikes in France, I could have wept when it was announced over the tannoy, the journey normally takes 3hrs 50 mins and that's long enough.

Puerto de la Cruz where it's always 1978. This is one of my favourite spots in Puerto de la Cruz, Playa San Telmo See it live here . There is a couple of restaurants etched in the rocks just below of where I was standing, Restaurante Rustico, I once dined there many years ago and was surprised to see Norman Wisdom at the next table.

The black sand of Playa Jardin is a 25 minute walk from our hotel, if we couldn't be arsed to walk, we would take advantage of the free yellow land train situated right outside our hotel, it takes people to and from Loro Parque, from there it's just a five minute walk.

Click to enlarge the shoe museum.
When was the last time you saw a shoe display like this? On reflection, when was the last time you saw shoes like these? I'm quite fond of the red and white sling backs in the foreground.
Taken from the balcony.

Come in, the waters lovely. One day, when Carmen was making full use of her Grindr app, I packed my swim cap and comb and my paperback book and headed off alone to the Lago Martiánez and had a lovely time.




View from the balcony of  the snow capped Mount Teide, she usually blows her top every 100 years, the last time was in 1909 so she is long overdue an eruption, I was sat on the balcony looking at it with awe and willing it to erupt.



Agatha Christie came here for a holiday, wrote a book about The Mysterious Mr Quin and they erected a bust in her honour.  


One for the pot.

A cheeky snap of Dutch women from our hotel, gasp at the femininity, she is wearing white stockings.



Ottawan's new song (new to Tenerife) D.I.S.C.O.

Haute couture.
Live cam harbour wall, Puerto De La Cruz. I sent multiple text messages inviting family and friends to click on the live webcam where they could view the maid and I sitting topless on the harbour wall enjoying a 'cornet' as my old gran used to call them.

12 comments:

  1. Great photo tour!

    Did Carmen bring home any "souvenirs?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a lovely place for a warm and well earned break. The haute couture looks more along the line of"whore couture"... But who am I to quabble over such trifles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it looks like De wallen, shameless hussies.

      Delete
  3. Er.... I still call them cornets. Somebody has too!
    Meanwhile, I haven't seen a shoe display like that since.... erm.... 1978...
    Do you know any resorts that are stuck in 1985?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get you! Cornet de glace.

      For sheer nostalgia grab your Bergasol, boob tube and ra-ra skirt and head on over to funky Fuengirola, it's where Yazz lives.

      I know it's laughable at my age, but I have a lingering wistfulness for Heinz Noodle Doodles.

      Delete
  4. Why it looks just a treat. The black sands look like they just had a fresh coat of tar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My maid of all work Carmen called it Nigger Beach.

      Delete
  5. It doesn't look as busy as I expected - Lucky you! I could almost go there myself.
    And the resolution on your camera is very good - I see the woman at the bottom middle of photo 4 is too engrossed in her Barbara Cartland to notice the young man inspecting his tackle right in front of her. And in photo 8 you can see right into number 72's bidet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely place, not tacky like it is in the South, but not much of a night life to speak of now The Anderson Club has closed down. There is a fantastic cruising ground there, Carmen claimed to have had 13 men in one evening, her and Ann Margret! Puts my paltry 6 to shame, but then again I've always been a bit squeamish about foreigners.

      Delete
  6. 7th photo ... lady in white trousers snapped up those red and white slingbacks you had your heart set on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There must have been a 5% sale on at Fungrube.

      Delete