Saturday 29 February 2020

Still Game

Why do you have a picture of Edith out of Still Game as your header, I hear you ask? It's to remind myself I lent out the brilliant Still Game box set to a friend and I've been waiting impatiently for it's return. I've only recently discovered this outrageous comedy and it's already topped Mitzi's personal top 10 comedies pushing Last Of The Summer Wine to 2nd position and poor old Benidorm out of the top 10 ten altogether. I think I like it.

Series 1 episode 4 Courtin.



Best of Isa here

9 comments:

  1. I think she might work in our local Morrisons nowadays. The teeth look familiar. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something that could edge-out Summer Wine? Really? I must search for this.
    But you have to understand, Mitzi, that if I don't like I'm within my rights to flood your in-box with The Goodies, OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to think I nearly gave up watching it after the first episode, so glad I persevered.

      No not The Goodies!

      Delete
  3. Oh those teeth - I wonder how much Coronavirus has been sucked into those? Actually, those teeth would probably kill Coronavirus.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. In an episode called Cat's Whiskers she gets a makeover and ends up looking like Joan Collins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the boxed set too, and it's one of my faves.

    I find it amusing that my friends (Canadian) have to watch it with the subtitles turned on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I struggled a bit at first especially with Isa. If you want an authentic Glaswegian accent that hasn't been toned down for English ears, try Rab C Nesbitt, subtitles all the way.

    ReplyDelete