Wednesday 30 January 2019

Stardrops - The Pink Stuff


Shock horror. Hair dye stain on bathroom unit.

Clit Bang, Mr Muscle, Flash even neat bleach failed to remove that pesky hair dye stain from off my bespoke bathroom sink unit with high gloss finish. Someone from Carmen's domestic circle recommended The Pink Stuff, 69p from Poundstretchers. My scepticism turned to amazement when the stain vanished before my very eyes with hardly any effort at all. I'm chuffed to say the least.

It contains the ingredient methylisothiazolinone the same stuff that is in my Clinique face scrub, I haven't tested it on myself yet, I'm going to wait until my maid of all work has finished her duties, then I'm going to treat her to a facial. 

7 comments:

  1. With an impressive technical scientific name like methylisothiazolinone, what could possibly go wrong! Good luck Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Au contraire, it has given her a rosy glow like she has spent the weekend at a ski lodge.

      Delete
  2. Do you remember Revlon Flex shampoo? I used to love the stuff, it doubled up as paint stripper. Marvellous.
    Apparently methylisothiazolinone is also is Colgate Total Lasting White, I'm sure Carmen will be fine, she'll end up with a pale yet interesting look.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....or it might have been Revlon body lotion... it was definitely Revlon. I recall some sort of consumer programme demonstrating how it stripped paint, although it wasn't as effective as regular paint stripper.
      Sx

      Delete
    2. Yes I do remember Revlon Flex my mother used to use it in the 80s to keep her streaks in tip-top condition, prior to that it was strictly Vosene medicated in a green bottle followed by Avon's leave-in conditioner in a pink bottle. My Grandma used to dip her net curtains in a bucket of blue stuff I don't know what it was called but she used the left over blue stuff as a final rinse after washing her hair.

      Delete
  3. Isn't this the stuff they made into Alien acid to fling at Sigourney Weaver and Veronica Cartwright?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would probably take the place of petrol if you ever find yourself running out.

    ReplyDelete