Monday 19 March 2018

Bargain

In my branch of HSBC there is a quaint custom of raising money for charity. Inside there is a trestle table set-up and loaded with books, jigsaws and DVDs with a charity collection box for The Alzheimer's Society, take what you want and leave a donation it was the best 4p I've ever spent. They were collecting for the Alzheimer's Society and it was the best 4p I've ever spent. That's my mother's birthday present sorted. I'm feeling a bit guilty now, perhaps I should have given them 5p. Anyway, that's my mother's birthday present sorted.


10 comments:

  1. I think you will have an editing frenzy on this post :-)
    Meanwhile.... this reminds me of Noel Edmonds's Swap Shop.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant post. And, uh, where was I? Brilliant post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noel Edmonds! There's a name I'd forgotten. Perhaps it's the new cure for Alzheimers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life and Loves of a She Devil was a great book. Be sure to read it before you give it to your mother and that way you get double the use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the DVD of the 1986 mini series. Brilliant. I adore this scene where Ruth has had extensive plastic surgery to look like Mary Fisher and makes an appearance at Mary's funeral to torment Bobbo.

      Delete
  5. Are you sure you only spent 4p? It seems like it could be 8p. If it is 8p, then you may get a return sooner than you think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erm, I'm not sure, no I wouldn't have done anything so reckless. Two 2p coins when dropped together at the same time through a slot in a money box sounds exactly like a £1 coin.

      Delete
  6. Oh I dunno...maybe could have gone to five whole pence. Saying that, I'd have paid 15p just for Tom Bakers bonkers turn in She Devil. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ewww the foot scene, turned my stomach.

    ReplyDelete