Saturday 3 October 2015

Because Using A Plate Would Be Weird



we want plates are crusading against restaurants that serve food on gimmicky tableware including: Squid served up in a sweaty clog, mushy peas in a shell, a fried breakfast in a sundae glass.

In a restaurant at Manchester airport a few months ago, I was served a 'garden burger' in a wooden seed tray with a terracotta plant pot of chips on the side, and if my memory serves me correctly the staff were wearing green dungarees. I was not amused.

One disgruntled commenter asked:

  1. Mary Berry
  2. Why does everything have to be served on a fucking roof tile?! What ever happened to a good old plate?! 

8 comments:

  1. I have not noticed that trend. The "restaurants" I frequent tend to have a clown theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'restaurants' you frequent do they have Cilla Black , I mean, a clown with red hair as it's mascot?

      Delete
  2. I blame Nijella for starting this trend, serving up everything in a triple D cup... Fortunately Mr Olivers trend of licking and spitting on everthing in sight didn't take off as much... Well i hope not anyway...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame Nigella for my nocturnal wanderings of nipping downstairs to spread trifle on my tits and letting in next door's dog to lick it all off whilst masturbating furiously, all by the light of the fridge.

      Delete
  3. I do not want my food served in a tin cup - or in two tin cups as in this picture. That is how you get the gloop in some institutions ; outside in the civilised world one should use a plate (preferably made from porcellaine) and the tools invented for the job like fork, knife and spoon. Hands allowed on burger and chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tin cups are for inmates to rattle against the prison bars in protest not for eating fritten out of in catering establishments. It's a disgrace.

      Delete
  4. I'm with Mary Fucking Berry. I want my nosh served on an ordinary, can't argue with it plate. No bloody bits of slate, giant snail shells or Gunnera leaves. I was once had chips served on a wooden board and they slid off at every opportunity. Scampi in a basket is about my limit. A cake in a cup takes the bleedin' biscuit.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a foul mouthed cant that Mary Berry. *cackles* at Gunnera leaves. Ordinary round never square china plates, now that's a novelty.

      Delete