Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Morrissey - The Ballad Of Cleethorpes



This heat is turning me into Blanche Devereaux I can't stop thinking about men and there is nothing I can do about it. I visited Cleethorpes today with my maid of all work Carmen. All the time I was there this tune  kept popping into my head, especially the line "Come Armageddon come Armageddon come..."  I'll let Morrissey tell you the rest in his musical travelogue. I'm ending my day with a cherry brandy and a hearty round of Candy Crush.

8 comments:

  1. Morrissey... The Cure.... Bonnie Tyler... Bros... and Timmy Mallett wearing an itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny yellow polka dot bikini... I love the music of the 1980s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And who can forget this classic from the 80s

      Delete
    2. Mmmhhhh..... Kelly Marie looks very much like Boy George.

      Delete
    3. Boy George looks very much like Kelly Marie. The old woman in the Youtube still above, has a look of Mrs Doubtfire.

      Delete
  2. I had an outfit just like that young lady... I loved that coat. I think it eventually disintegrated.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I prefer the ocelot coat the old woman was wearing would go nicely with a pair of silver slingbacks.

      Delete
  3. What was she watching on telly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Oh Helloo' Carry On Abroad with Charles Hawtrey

      Delete