Monday 6 June 2011

Psychoville - Tina Turner Scene



It starts off with a black leather gloved man mailing "I know what you did" letters to ex mental patients. A message that draws five seemingly desparate characters into a dark tale of blackmail and desire. A blind recluse with an unusual hobby, a love-struck telekinetic dwarf, an embittered hook-handed clown, murder obsessed mother and son, and a deranged but caring midwife (Dawn French) all receive the same ominous message sending their already bizarre lives into turmoil. All are affected in different ways by the letters and as more chilling messages are received the five are forced to confront their past and the secret that binds them together.

Mother and son serial killers Dave and Maureen Sowerbutts in Psychoville.



Meet Joy

16 comments:

  1. Well, THAT answers my question, “What’s Dawn French up to these days?”

    I Googled her the other day for news and only found out about her new knickers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder Mitzi...It's bin night here!

    Loved this show. Especially the rival fluffy toy collectors!
    And Dawn of course...

    Some of the "League of Gentlemen" were present too I believe...
    Was this made by the same mob?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely creepy! And there is a clown...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you say "extremely creepy" Miss Scarlet, are you referring to the clown or to Dawn French's knickers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...could be both... Damn it - you have taken me to the mail online; I will be there all day now catching up with the celebrity gossip... Wayne Rooney spends £30,000 to cover up his bald patch... and still has to pay women to sleep with him...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  6. For only $13.95, he could get a can of spray-on hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For 20p he could have got a paper hat.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes... that caught my eye yesterday - that pic used to be in the dentist's waiting room. Odd.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann Summers don't sell ordinary knickers they sell naughty knickers and naughty things for the bedside drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Didn't Ms Cake a review of the Rampant Rabbit lately?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scarlet, I've just heard you're leaving us, sad news indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah... well the truth of the matter is that I'm having a mid-blogging crisis. Last week I tried to be all dark and mysterious and a bit grumpy with a twist of the sultry... and I failed miserably. Click on my profile to find my new home.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wrote a comment in your box last night about Carmen's latinesque mutterings and hysteria at the closure of your blog. I must have put the wrong verification letters in because the whole thing disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have put comment mod on my old blog... and have now released your comment into the box!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete