Saturday, 24 April 2010

A Mince Down Memory Lane


When I was a young sissy boy, I promised myself, when I get a place of my own, I would own one of those glass sugar dispensers that miraculously pour just one teaspoon of sugar when you tilt them.



I also made a vow to own a novelty tomato ketchup dispenser in the shape of a giant tomato, the sort you see in seaside cafes with bits of congealed ketchup at the nozzle. It's funny how your taste in style changes as we get older, I think they're common now.

6 comments:

  1. I had the same desire for a novelty tomato ketchup dispenser and by golly and I went out and got one.

    Welcome back, Miss Mitzi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might go in Lakeland on Monday and buy one. I don't know about you, but I like to keep my ketchup in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never actually kept ketchup in it.

    I just liked looking at it and knowing it was there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird. I wanted one too.
    I've also still got a thing about sugar lumps and Sarsons vinegar bottles.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose with the invention of squeezy bottles there's no need for them anymore. Which is a great shame, cause they makes a drab kitchen table look rather cheery.

    Do you use silver sugar tongs to pick up your sugar lumps Scarlet? Sarsons vinegar now comes in a handy spray. How chichi is that? I use Sarsons distilled malt vinegar on my chips, tastes just the same as ordinary brown malt, it just look nicer clear and less like a chip shop.

    ReplyDelete